Just made some gnocchi or potato pancakes? Use the left over potato skins in this delicious and nutritious roasted potato skins and arugula salad.
Gnocchi or potato pancakes are best when the mashed potato ingredient is quite dry. The ideal way to do that is the roast them in their skins, rather than boil them. Once you have scooped the potato flesh out, what do you do with the skins? They make great snacks with a chilli, mayo, or sour cream dipping sauce, but they also make a great salad, tasty and very nutritious.
I used arugula/roquette/rocket leaves for this salad. Arugula leaves are very healthy, though they are a little bitter. Combining them with the potato skins, tomato, and dressing creates a wonderful balance.
Roasted potato skins and arugula saladPrint
- 5 roasted potato skins
- 2 cups arugula roquette leaves (tightly packed)
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp delectabilia salad dressing
- Dice the potato skins and tomatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Toss the potato skins, tomatoes, and arugula leaves in a salad bowl.
- Immediately before serving, drizzle with delectabilia salad dressing.