Garlic is one of those superfoods that has so many health giving benefits that there is no excuse not to consume it at every opportunity.
Except for one small thing – the odor it can impart to our breath and body. Slow roasting garlic makes it so much milder and sweeter – virtually eliminating that one reason not to consume it. Plus, it is delicious. Black garlic takes this much further and slow roasts the garlic at a much lower temperature for much longer. If you can find black garlic, give it a try.
To prepare slow roasted garlic, I do the following…
- Cut off the top of the garlic heads, exposing some of each of the cloves.
- Place each head on a square of foil large enough to wrap it.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the exposed cloves, plus a pinch of salt.
- Wrap up each garlic head.
- Bake in a 180 degC oven for 1 hour.