No need to feel guilty eating this dessert. Quinoa and blueberries, two superfoods, with some sweetness coming from the coconut cream and honey. Delicious.
Blueberries are easily my favourite fruit. They are great in a smoothie, a blueberry gin reduction, a quinoa salad, this creamy coconut concoction, and of course straight out of the box. Blueberries are a little expensive in Saigon, but at least we get regular imports from New Zealand and California.
While blueberries may be expensive to buy, you are doing your body a big favour by eating them regularly. Healthline does a good overview of the health benefits of blueberries. Keep those in mind as you enjoy the black quinoa and blueberry dessert.
Black Quinoa and Blueberry Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black quinoa or red quinoa will work too
- 2 punnets blueberries
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup quinoa milk (or almond milk or cashew milk, or as a last resort, soy milk)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Mix coconut milk, quinoa milk, and honey in a saucepan over medium heat until honey dissolves
- Add quinoa and simmer until the mixture starts to thicken
- Take off heat and add the blueberries. Allow to cool for an hour or two. Then chill in the refrigerator.